Sign in to follow this  
bcrtops

Fusion ?

New guy here -- have been gawking around here for some time though.

Have G20 & SW610

Wanting a "hunter in 1911" format. Have thought of the DW RZ10, but don't like the bright SS particularly for an open sight hunting pistol. DW is dropping the 10mm from their line and raising their prices considerably. Hence: Looking at a Fusion 10mm longslide hunter.

1) Fusion owners here, what say you?

2) Hunters here, what open sights you particular fond of? What about the fiber-optic on front?

Any & all comments gladly accepted

Thank you

BCrtops

The Fusion's are super nice built to order guns, but if the DW price increases concern you, the Fusion prices will rock your world. The quote on my fairly basic 10mm longslide was $2100 so I have not ordered yet. Although I have several 10's (Witness, Glock, DW) my current hunter is the Razorback Sportsman, and it is an excellent shooter...Tony

The Fusion's are super nice built to order guns, but if the DW price increases concern you, the Fusion prices will rock your world. The quote on my fairly basic 10mm longslide was $2100 so I have not ordered yet. Although I have several 10's (Witness, Glock, DW) my current hunter is the Razorback Sportsman, and it is an excellent shooter...Tony

Thanks for the input.

Have already gotten a quote on a basic hunter -- no frills -- w/ .40 barrel etc fitted, as well as 10mm -- comes to way less than that. Fancy finishes, mag wells, etc. add up real fast. If you hunt with the DW RZ, what sights to you recommend for hunting?

I have some Millet adjutable sights on my IAI Javalina, and adjustable sights on my Witness. (I couldn't tell you exactly what brand of sights are on my Witness, but they work well.)

The Millet sights came as standard equipment on my 7" slide/barrel Javalina. They shoot well and nearly to point-of-aim for every load I have used.

I hope that this helps.

Scott

New guy here -- have been gawking around here for some time though.

Have G20 & SW610

Wanting a "hunter in 1911" format. Have thought of the DW RZ10, but don't like the bright SS particularly for an open sight hunting pistol. DW is dropping the 10mm from their line and raising their prices considerably. Hence: Looking at a Fusion 10mm longslide hunter.

1) Fusion owners here, what say you?

2) Hunters here, what open sights you particular fond of? What about the fiber-optic on front?

Any & all comments gladly accepted

Thank you

BCrtops

Hi there and welcome!

I've been using my CZ/DW Razorback 10mm here for about 2-3 years now almost exclusively as my deer gun. I've always wanted a Fusion longslide 10 but haven't been able to afford one (stuff just keeps coming up!), however, I'd like to say that I LOVE my Razorback for hunting.

My first handgun deer:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3149/305400...1cf5dfb60_o.jpg

Here is a photo of my FO sight (that I bought and installed from Fusion, btw) as it looked one morning while I was sitting about 18 feet up in my climber stand.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3270/305400...b4a1fc064_o.jpg

I've got lots more hunting pictures but I think these will suffice in regards to your questions.

Good luck!

Edited by nickE10mm

Hi there and welcome!

I've been using my CZ/DW Razorback 10mm here for about 2-3 years now almost exclusively as my deer gun. I've always wanted a Fusion longslide 10 but haven't been able to afford one (stuff just keeps coming up!), however, I'd like to say that I LOVE my Razorback for hunting.

Thanks for the response nickE. Proof is in the pictures!

DW's are some nice pistols -- I love my CBOB .45

:thumb:

Thanks for the input.

Have already gotten a quote on a basic hunter -- no frills -- w/ .40 barrel etc fitted, as well as 10mm -- comes to way less than that. Fancy finishes, mag wells, etc. add up real fast. If you hunt with the DW RZ, what sights to you recommend for hunting?

My RZ Sportsman has adjustable rear with a fiber optic front post and it works real well for me. Its also easy to pick up at dawn or dusk due to the fiber optic front. I'm interested in your quote for the basic hunter. Is it a longslide? I would like to see it as I'm still interested in a "no frills" longslide....Tony

If you want a DW, hurry up because no 10mm for this year.

If you want a DW, hurry up because no 10mm for this year.

This is true. The Razorback may not be available untill 2011, or possibly later! Buy one of the Razorbacks online while you still can.

Scott

Thanks guys for all the replies so far.

I've ordered a longslide from Fusion -- 4 months out!

KY-Rhin0 check your messages.

:) :thumb:

4 months out? Worth every second. Best investment I have made in a long time. You will love the Fusion. Great gun, great guy, Bob Serva. No regrets!

Congrats on the Fusion! :thumb:

Thanks guys for all the replies so far.

I've ordered a longslide from Fusion -- 4 months out!

KY-Rhin0 check your messages.

:) :thumb:

Post #11 pretty much sums it up. I too have a Fusion 'Hunter' longslide. It

is, BY FAR, the finest handgun I own. Its accuracy is limited ONLY by the skill

of the shooter. The fit, finish and overall look and feel of the gun really can't

be described--a work of art is the best I can come up with. And you are dealing

with one of the most helpful, customer-friendly companies on the planet.

I have taken one spike buck from probably 6 feet with my G20, and a couple deer with my Razorback, and one with my Kimber Stainless Target II. The 10mm makes a nice side-arm for hunting. Unfortunately, I do most of my hunting in Kansas and they use a stupid out-dated pistol ruling which uses case-length for a legal cartridge. So, I don't get to use it as much as I would like, but it does work.

My favorite pistol shot thus far has been a 10" .50 muzzleloader pistol at a doe at 40 yards freehand while I was on the ground stalking. What a thrilling end of a 2 hour stalk!

I want to get a Fuxion, but it seems every time I get close to ordering one, either something comes up, or they raise their prices. I actually want a CCW gun. I want a 10mm officers/commander in forged stainless. I haven't priced it for years and from the looks of everything else on their site, it looks like the price has doubled since I first inquired when Serva first opened up shop after leaving DW... I sure do love my pair of Bob Serva inspired "1 of 150" Razorback's!

Edited by bambihunter