Baley

Man kills self at Marietta gun shop

This was on the AJC website this morning. It was at Nick's Guns. Nice place, I have been there several times.

"A man shot himself to death inside a Cobb County gun shop Thursday evening, police said.

The incident appears to have been a suicide, according to Officer Joe Hernandez.

The shooting happened around 6:20 p.m. at a gun shop and firing range located in the 2700 block of Canton Highway.

The man's name has not been released. No further details were available."

This was on the AJC website this morning. It was at Nick's Guns. Nice place, I have been there several times.

"A man shot himself to death inside a Cobb County gun shop Thursday evening, police said.

The incident appears to have been a suicide, according to Officer Joe Hernandez.

The shooting happened around 6:20 p.m. at a gun shop and firing range located in the 2700 block of Canton Highway.

The man's name has not been released. No further details were available."

Why do People Have to hurt others cant people take a whole bunch of pills and let their family find them anymore? That had to mess everyone there up.

It happen to me a few years back at the firing lane in Athens. UGA Student Killed his self over a girl. We had to close the shop for 2 days. What a waste.

Why do People Have to hurt others cant people take a whole bunch of pills and let their family find them anymore? That had to mess everyone there up.

Really, stay home instead of making a mess in the neighborhood....

what a selfish jagoff.

THe more people off themselves at ranges and gun shops, the more legislative pressure these places receive. Selfish bastiages. In their final cry for attention they have to effect or ruin another set of lives. Have some dignity and die alone in peace.

I agree, why didn't he just do it at home or something. What a jerk!!!

It happen to me a few years back at the firing lane in Athens. UGA Student Killed his self over a girl. We had to close the shop for 2 days. What a waste.

I know I'm a little slow on this one, but I haven't had internet for a while. You work at the Firing lane? I know it's off topic but I love going to shoot there, just wish I had more money to go more often. Also wish I had the money to buy a .458 upper.

I didn't hear about the Marietta suicide but I remember the one in athens. People like that are going to make it harder and harder for people like us.

I see these a lot, but usually don't bother reading. Do the People go to the Stores/ Ranges to get a gun to kill themselvees? Or just go for the attention?

I'm pretty sure they go for the gun to shoot themselves. I suppose they see it as a cheap way out, but stepping in front of a bus is free, even better, don't do it. I'll never understand suicide, nothing could be that bad really. The only time I've ever thought suicide would be ok would be if you're dying from some horrible, slow, painful disease like advanced cancer or something, but walking into a range to blow your brains out because some girl didn't like you anymore is ridiculous. Especially in Athens, every time I go I see more women than men.

I been there. IIRC, it was one of those places that did not you want any loaded guns except on the range.

We've got a bunch of real compassionate folks here.

Empathy...

I always look at a person and I have become pretty good at judging how they feel..I think humans have lost this wonderful tool...ITS ALL ABOUT ME>>I CAN DO WHAT I WANT.

Wrong answer folks... I try always to help a person I see that is down..I hate misery..although I am miserable..so my compassion is to try and help the best I can..

Sad that someone will take his own life...for who knows what tomorrow will bring...life is a wonderful thing..live it with every emotion that it brings..Whatever doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

We've got a bunch of real compassionate folks here.

He was looking for a permanent solution to a temporary problem. He found one.