Sign in to follow this  
Cayce/New Kimber 10mm

10mm springs

Hello all, I have a question for anyone that can help me. I have ordered my 2nd 10mm now, a glock 29SF, and am sure that the 17 lb spring will need to be swapped. I will be shooting double tap ammo, of course, just like in my Kimber, but am not sure if I should go with the 19 lb sping, the 21 lb spring, or the 23 lb spring that wolff offers. I figured that one of you have tried them all and could recommend one. Thanks for your help! Cayce

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, but :welcome: to the Armory! Someone should be able to help you soon.

Hello all, I have a question for anyone that can help me. I have ordered my 2nd 10mm now, a glock 29SF, and am sure that the 17 lb spring will need to be swapped. I will be shooting double tap ammo, of course, just like in my Kimber, but am not sure if I should go with the 19 lb sping, the 21 lb spring, or the 23 lb spring that wolff offers. I figured that one of you have tried them all and could recommend one. Thanks for your help! Cayce

I reccomend the 23 pounder myself.

You will need to get a full length guide rod if you want to use the wolff spring.

i have the stock guide rod in my 20, and im hoping the brass goes further then it does from my AK, because that is what i've been told it will do lol.

sorry i can't help, but good luck!

Full length guiderod? The one in it won't work with the new, stronger spring? Also, I am probably going to buy the lasermax, internal guide rod laser for the Glock 29SF, shouldn't the 21 or 23 lb. spring work on that? Please let me know if you can help or know of someone who can answer my questions. Thanks to you all! Cayce

not to threadjack but both carcrazysammy & myself had experienced ftf w/the steel guide rod/wolf spring setup.

'sammy clued me in on this and i experienced it myself yesterday: gun runs fine w/stock spring setup but jams on initial loading(slingshot style) but only on first round; all others fed fine. i don't know if 'sammy's jammed on every round.

i will try dropping the slide catch(although i hate to do it!)amd see if that ends the jams.

is there are 'factory-style' heavier spring?

The S&W 1006 had a 28lb spring, as I recall. Made the ride pretty smooth, too. I don't think you can get one TOO heavy - espeically if you plan on running any REAL loads, as opposed to the .40 loads. :smartass:

I have a 20# wolff and guide rod combo coming in to go with DT hot loads. I'll post up after I test it out next week

late to the party here but........i have the s.s. wolf rod and 22# spring in my G20 and it runs DT loads and factory "40cal" powered loads just fine.

i have a wolf rod/spring (21#) assy on the way for my G29.

installed the wolff 21 pound spring and rod assy in my G29. have not shot it yet bet it takes quite a bit more muscle to rack the slide now.

installed the wolff 21 pound spring and rod assy in my G29. have not shot it yet bet it takes quite a bit more muscle to rack the slide now.

I bought a guide rod assembly from bt guiderods. They use factory springs but the flange, cup, rod are beefed up from the factory. Supposed to have a tool available at the end of this month to change springs off of the captured assembly. I thought the gun recoiled nicely and brass didnt fly too far when shooting double tap and the STHP I loaded.

Long time ago I owned a witness 10mm in wonder finish...I had a sprinco recoil reducer, 20lb recoil spring, a 20lb hammer spring....and that thing was still a hard kicking gun with double tap loads. It was nearly impossible to pull the slide all the way rearward to lock the slide in place. Gave up and sold it cheap.....and oddly enough, I just bought a Witness Elite in 10mm. Plan to use it more as a target 10mm for fun, but we'll see.

The G29 shoots very nicely in comparison....I was really surprised by how easy shooting it was.

By the way, if anyone is interested in night sights for your glock....Ameriglo has their new front sight on sale...it is a green tritium with a green lumiglo square around it for 31.00 (shine a flash light into the square for 30 seconds and it glows..or just use the tritium dot). Couple that with a pro operator rear sight or something similar and you have a nice setup. Plus "GSSF" coupon code will get you 25% off your order so save a little more. I was really impressed with this setup for a CCW weapon. They even included the nut driver for the front sight.

I posted this in an other forum...

The facts are that the extra power recoil springs due infact make it tougher to rack the slide. You need to exert more pressure to accomplish this task...

Now here is the reason I mentioned this fact, you are involved in a gun battle which happens in microseconds, your gun needs a magazine change or malfunctions...you lose use of yor strong hand for whatever reason...you need to rack the slide to get back in the fight to save your butt...OH that's right you have that 22# spring inside the pistol. How do you use your weak hand to rack the slide to get your weapon to function?

You shove the sights against something like your pants leg, belt, buckle or an object to hook the sights rack the slide to place the firearm back in battery to fire an other round.

I run the 21# wolff setup in my 29....feels great and not a single problem.

The S&W 1006 used an 18lb recoil spring and wolf goes up to 24lb....no 28lb springs my friend.

late to the party again.....i shot my G29 with the after market springs and rod.

CCI aluminum case fmj was nothing, Remington "green box" fmj was nothing, PMC El Dorado Star Fire h.p. were a little better than nothing, DT 165gr. GD were eye opening, DT 135gr. Noslers were earth shaking. :oh yea:

collected brass about 6 or so feet away and really like the "magnumesk" power of the 135gr. DT load now.