AR15Armory.com

So, Who Is At The Bench Today?

GLShooter

On 11/6/2022 at 1:49 PM, towtruck said:

I went earlier in the year on a mission to fix my shoulders. Insurance only would allow one at a time so I went with that. Then I had to take steps in order to get anywhere. I had to do physical therapy. I did that. That helped a whole bunch but did not eliminate the under laying condition, Impingement. I had an MRI and they said nothing was torn. This has been my story since 1996. Nothing torn yet I'm in excruciating pain and do not have anywhere near normal range of motion. 

The physical therapy was enough to help the shoulder they were working on not be sore......as long as I did not do anything to hurt it. I kept doing the exercises but soon found out that all the pain comes back when I work the arm. I have started back with the exercises on both shoulders now trying to get the left one at least to the place the right one is now. 

Because nothing is torn the doctors don't want to do any more. I'm told, and have researched, where surgery and physical therapy have about the same outcome for what I have. I don't know who or what to believe anymore. What I do know is I have to get things done and going to the doctors all the time is not one of them. 

My right shoulder has a knotted muscle that the therapists could never get out. They worked on it every time I was there and it never went away. They and my doctor were sure that was a torn muscle....nope. So, what I have are both shoulders with impingement that limits range of motion, causes great pain, and limits how much sleep I get. If I do therapy and then do nothing they feel pretty good. Once I do something, anything, they start hurting all over. The one thing I have been doing that has hurt them is pulling down on a cheater bar to tighten my wrappers on my log truck. Steering with my left arm also hurts the left shoulder, I rarely touch the wheel with my right so no problems with that one. I can still fling a wrapper over a load but I can tell my impingement does not like that motion. Lucky for me the logging is only a part time gig and I don't have to tie down multiple times a day. 

I guess I should feel lucky I have not torn anything yet......I have a couple other issues looming that are taking center stage right now. My ability to stay hydrated and my vertigo are forming a plan behind my back to take me down. Couple that with working two jobs and the outcome is me having episodes of sudden blood pressure drop causing me to nearly faint. It all stems from my dehydration and vertigo.....scary shat to almost black out, I can feel it coming and can shake it off just before lights out......but it's getting worse. It is so fun getting old!!!!

I saw this again when I was backtracking to make sure I was caught up...Have you ever tried acupuncture  to address the shoulder problems, especially for the pain and knotted muscles ?  You should have no problem in Cali finding someone trained under one of the authentic Eastern Medical Schools masters.  

While acupuncture is not a magical instant cure-all there are certain conditions, depending on the individual, where it can provide significant benefits. I believe it was one of the reasons 

2 different surgeons and my physiatrist told me I had the best ROM for the nature of the injuries, and the subsequent 2 surgeries required to repair it, that they had ever seen.  Sometimes it takes several sessions to get things aligned and then periodic sessions to keep things flowing correctly. 

Edited by Retcop

Setting inside as CAN'T see 20 yd. , ALL of MY target stations are WHITE :tap:

So blew out some 5.56X45mm 68 and 69 gr. today ( dies are set on those ) Just finished setting up another .223 die set and will more than likely jump on the 77 grain pills tomorrow . I'm late and Lunch beckons ME :segrin:

VPN incompatible with Imgur what a crock of crap ,got to find another photo outfit !!.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE GAS PORT HOLE DIAMETERS AND LOCATIONS FOR VARIOUS CALIBERS CA BE LOCATED ?.

AR15 stuff all over the place but NOT so much for .243 6.5 7mm .308  Etc . . :dontknow:

On 11/26/2022 at 2:17 PM, BushXM15 said:

So blew out some 5.56X45mm 68 and 69 gr. today ( dies are set on those ) Just finished setting up another .223 die set and will more than likely jump on the 77 grain pills tomorrow . I'm late and Lunch beckons ME :segrin:

VPN incompatible with Imgur what a crock of crap ,got to find another photo outfit !!.

ANYONE KNOW WHERE GAS PORT HOLE DIAMETERS AND LOCATIONS FOR VARIOUS CALIBERS CA BE LOCATED ?.

AR15 stuff all over the place but NOT so much for .243 6.5 7mm .308  Etc . . :dontknow:

I have never seen  a table on non-223/556 barrels.  Of course port location dictates size on all of them.  A mid 6X45 will be totally different than a mid 243 for instance.

Greg

Today I cleaned up 130 or so 38 cases and have those ready to backfill. I only shot 20 rounds at qualifications but between those and the extra cases I ended up with and a few that I found in a box I have a bigger batch to load. I am tumbling 45 acp's right now and have over 300 to get done. I culled out a handful of small primer cases and put those in with the rest I have. I almost have enough of those for another batch. 

I will get on those 38's the next chance I have to sit down. The 45's will have to wait a bit. I found I have a bunch of 357's in need of reloading as well but I still have a hundred or so rounds in each batch that needs to be shot before I load up each batch again. Looks like the 3 screw Blackhawk will have to make the next few range trips and I will see if the wife and I cannot have a little fun emptying some more cases. 

edit...the 38's are cleaned and 250 of the 45's are done. I will finish the other 200 45's in the morning and maybe, just maybe I can knock out the 38's and get set up for 45's and be ready for them the next chance I get to work on them. 

I really need to bust out the 1911 and work my way through some 45's the next time I head out to shoot. I have near a thousand rounds that will only fit into my 1911.....they won't chamber in the revolver as I loaded them up kinda long...they plunk into the 1911 and I never plunked them in the Blackhawk....learned my lesson loading those and hope to rid myself of those and only load them to plunk in the Blackhawk. At the time I loaded those I was heavily shooting the 1911 and really did not shoot the Blackhawk much in 45 acp. Now I shoot the Blackhawk a bunch and don't shoot the 1911.....funny how that goes. I ended up setting my seating die wrong on big blue and never caught the mistake until I started shooting the Blackhawk in 45 acp. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 2:38 PM, GLShooter said:

I have never seen  a table on non-223/556 barrels.  Of course port location dictates size on all of them.  A mid 6X45 will be totally different than a mid 243 for instance.

Greg

Yes isn't that peculiar .

Abundance of 5.56X45mm .223 or .224  bore data pistol carbine rifle but not much on larger bore . .308 / 7.62X51mm has limited info.

However just try .243 or 6.5 or 7mm , it's like planet non existent.

There has to be a mathematical formula for figuring pressure / volume,as higher pressure would dictate smaller diameter and further away from the BCG must factor into it. Location is pretty much a no brainier as barrel makers have that in hand . The gas port dia. Is the mystery :CONFUS12:

I hear you TT, I am having similar fun with the Dagger and the 9mm AR, the AR eats everything that fits in the mag, the Dagger is picky, two different chamber reamers.

I just loaded 50 ASP rounds to test in the Dagger with AA #7 on Mr. Blue bullets from the 1,000 I got in from American. Got the plunk test at 100%. So far so good.

I managed to get yard work done today and had time to polish off those 38's. My batch of 126 grew to 204. The SP101 really likes this loading of 3g Bullseye under a 158g plated semi wad cutter. 

Not sure when I can tackle those 45's. I need to swap tool heads, calibrate the powder charge, swap primer feed to large, and change out the auto feed disk. Too much going on to get to those right now. 

I managed to change out my plunger assembly on my main 1911 yesterday. Hopefully that will fix the early slide stop problem. It feels a tad stiffer. This week I'll so some recoil spring swapping on my wannabe Gold Cup. It is way to heavy now. I'll drop it to 16.5 or 15.5. 

I have 3 uppers I need to get some sample cases out if. A 17-223 a 6 PPC and a 6X6.8. I have NIB 223 BCA side charger I bought dirt cheap so need to try it.

I got a bcg and ordered a custom 45 ACP barrel. Probably will get an NFA lower and build the 45 now with a 10 MM upper down the road.

Greg

• Like 1

The Saga continues :

Wed. evening - Sunday  MORE of that stuff .   Seriously might consider a snow blower ??.   It's not like I mind shoveling ( I HATE IT ) for the exercise it's OK but it bothers MY shoulders  :124: especially when or IF it becomes daily :ohmy:

I've got to consider shooting verses shoveling OK it's SHOOTING :segrin: Now to find High Visibility Targets ,as white printed paper no matter the bullseye color , is ZERO help ,when it's near impossible to find the target backstop frame . :thumbdown:

On 11/28/2022 at 8:06 PM, GLShooter said:

Did some shopping today. Ordered three nickel boron Bach's and half a dozen charge handles. Now I'll just need to buy some extra bolts in 6.8 and 7.62.

Greg

You gonna work with the civilian version of that 6.8 round the Army says is the next step ? 

On 11/29/2022 at 10:51 PM, Retcop said:

You gonna work with the civilian version of that 6.8 round the Army says is the next step ? 

No it is not going to be on my list. Lots of new tech and the civilian stuff will be scarce as hens teeth for a long time IMHO.

Greg

1 hour ago, GLShooter said:

No it is not going to be on my list. Lots of new tech and the civilian stuff will be scarce as hens teeth for a long time IMHO.

Greg

Gotcha.   Thanks for the info. I was interested where that was heading in the near future for most shooters...