xTACKLEBERRYx

Help with Sig P220 SRT

Alright so I got the Sig 'Short Reset Trigger' kit. I'm lead to believe that I have parts 1200041 (sear) and 1200212 (safety lever) seeming that's what the package says. As far as I can tell the safety lever is fine the problem is with the sear. When the parts are installed my decocker no longer works. When the decocking lever is depressed it doesn't release the hammer. I took the grips off and I can see that the decocking lever does not hit and lift the sear off the hammer so it goes forward. If you look at the pictures attached below you can see that I highlighted the area on the sear where there seems to be a notch cut out of it. On the stock parts this notch is not there and is where the decocking lever would makes contact with the sear. (I hope this all makes sense).

Anyone have any ideas besides bending the decocking lever? I already tried that and the shelf that makes contact with the sear just snapped right off. I had to go to my agency armorer and get another decocking lever.

Maybe someone is confident in breaking down their P220 with SRT and see if their sear looks like mine.

Parts.jpg

cutout02.jpg

cutout01.jpg

Edited by xTACKLEBERRYx

When did Sig start selling these parts? We were told as Armorers that guns had to go back to Sig to get the SRT installed.

Also, if you're replacing your sear, you should also replace the hammer.

bc

I'm guessing Sig sells them because my supervisor ordered them through Sig for everyone. I work for the National Park Service and the Sig P series (220, 226, 228 and 229) are our issued sidearm’s. I'm the only guy with the P220 in our area so I'm the only one with the 220 SRT kit. Everyone else got the 229 kits. I've contacted a few officers and they all said they've had no problems with the install or operation of their weapons. I'll ask for a new hammer now, I don't think that's going to change anything but I'm willing to try anything. The SRT makes a huge difference and I don't want to get rid of it now.

The SRT makes a huge difference and I don't want to get rid of it now.

That it does and I don't blame you.

bc

I installed the SRT kit in three of our departments 229's without any problem.

Why isn't your armorer installing the SRT kit? Only a Sig armorer is even allowed to take the grips off.

I would contact sig. There customer service is terrific! Because something my be wrong with your gun.

It's a little tricky getting the safety lever in correctly. If you're unfamiliar with how a SIG detail strips you should see an authorized LE SIG-Sauer armorer or send it to SIG.