Sign in to follow this  
sully

Gunfighting From & Around Vehicles Course Aug 26-27 CLASS IS FULL

Gunfighting From & Around Vehicles

August 26-27

Princeton, MN

Many of us spend great amounts of time in a vehicles commuting and/or working. This course is designed to give hands on practical knowledge of how to defend yourself while in a vehicle and around vehicles. This course builds on the basic fundamentals of pistol skills, and adds an entire new dimension with hands on training. This 16-hour course gives students an opportunity to learn and hone fundamentals as they apply to vehicles and learn to adapt tactics to vehicles. Students will have the opportunity to apply their knowlege during the scenario based training session. Students should plan on being on the ground, rolling on the ground, rolling onto the ground, lots of ground pivots etc.

Loadout:

Pistol with Concealment Holster. SWAT, Military, & Contractor Personnel may use Tactical Holsters.

Ammo: 800rds MINIMUM

Cover Garment

Body Armor Recommended, but not required.

Knee & Elbow Pads, Gloves (Optional but are alwasy welcome)

Sunblock, Hat, Bugjuice, Water/Gatorade and Snacks/Lunch.

Plan on working hard, so you will be tired at the end of the day. Vitiman-I (Ibuprofen) can be your friend!!!

Also if someone has digital video or still camera capabilities, photos are always welcome and copies will be greatly appreciated by our staff, as we are working on updating our on-line library.

In fact whoever gets some great video footage that we use online will be rewarded honorably.

CY6

Greg Sullivan "Sully"

Chief Instructor

SLR15 Rifles

TheDefensiveEdge.com

Edited by sully

Man. This one sounds like it's going to be intense!

Man. This one sounds like it's going to be intense!

Actually it is going to be "bleeping" intense.

The last time I took this course the conversation on the way home went like this.

F:" "keerist I'm beat."

Q: "Yeah but we had fun."

F: "No doubt! This is the kind of tired I love...mellow and I feel like I accomplished something"

Q: "Yup... a good tired."

That is a quote from an actual conversation between QuinlanV and myself on the way home from that class last year.

:kilted:

FG, you gonna be there for this one? You and Quin both owe me a Guinness. :beer2:

One of our Alumni put together a slideshow of pictures & music. Click on the link to get to the site, then click on Defensive Edge. It takes about a minute to download. The slideshow is about eleven minutes in length.

Gunfighting From & Around Vehicles Course

CY6

Greg Sullivan "Sully"

Chief Instructor

SLR15 Rifles

TheDefensiveEdge.com

Edited by sully