Sign in to follow this  
JOHNS10MM

INFORMATION ON BUILDING A 10MM

Was hoping some can help would like to build a 10mm. not sure about a 1911 or the 2011 style. have heard the 2011 has less felt recoil. but like the look of the ss 1911. would like to use for target and carry any help would be appriciated.

JOHNS10MM, :welcome: to 10mmTalk! :)

1911/2011...That maybe a choice you will have to determine for yourself. The 1911 is slimmer and would be easier to conceal carry.

I opted for the S&W1006 when the 10mm first came out, but seeing how they don't make them any more, I switched over to the G-29 and haven't looked back. There are many relacement parts (stock & aftermarket) available. This is also true for the 1911 styles as well.

The 2011 double stack would afford more rounds but also more weight and width, the width is why less felt recoil, as it is spread out in the web of the shooter's hand. The polymer pistols like the Glocks, help with the capacity vs. weight situation. I'm not trying to sell you on the Glock, but explain my reasons for going that route.

Best regards and good luck with the build! :thumb:

Was hoping some can help would like to build a 10mm. not sure about a 1911 or the 2011 style. have heard the 2011 has less felt recoil. but like the look of the ss 1911. would like to use for target and carry any help would be appriciated.

Thanks for info. I did go to a local gun shop and handled a glock in 45 didn't like the way it fit my hand was told its close to the g20. maybe the case with a 2011 not sure thats why im researching.

JOHNS10mm, :welcome: :ahoy: Welcome to 10mmTalk and the Armory!

Have not handled a double stack 1911 for sometime. My Kimber 10 suits me well as does my G20.

If you get to handle a 2011 let us know your impressions compared to a G20. I too think the grip would be similar but the balance may be different.

Good luck in your quest.