Sign in to follow this  
mackpro68

Help me build my perfect sized Glock

This is my second post on here and need expert help. My 3rd handgun I ever bought was a Glock 17 around 20 years ago. It was kinda big and I had some weird issues with it and got rid of it (cant remember why). Went through many handguns ( 30+) before I finally found the two I love , Sig 226 and Glock 26. I dont know how I can shoot so good with the Baby Glock but it's unreal even out to 100 yards. I am wanting to get back into the 10mm game. Still have all my reloading gear from my Colt Delta days so the ammo is covered. My problem is the Glock 20 is to long and the grip on the 29 is to short. I guess I'm looking for a Glock 19 in 10MM. How can I build this mid size barrel/mid or full size grip frame 10MM Glock. What frame combos and slides and barrels are out there? I shoot my G26 with G19 mags that have grip extenders slid down on the mags, I guess I could do the same on the G29 to get a bigger grip.Thanks for any help.

Check out Robar and see if what they offer in the way of grip reductions. They will do custom work made for specific shaped hands.

Their services might fill your needs for your G20 or G29.

http://www.robarguns.com/glock.htm

I shoot my G29 SF with the pearce +0 grip extender, works good.

I finally went to the Glock web site and looked at all the models. If I had a G38 (45 GAP) frame and a G29 slide I think I would be happy. Is this even possible??? Why doesn't Glock make a mid-size ( Glock website calles them a compact) in 45ACP and 10mm ??? They do for 9mm, 40, 380 and 357 SIG. Thanks for the replies guys!

You can always trim the handle of your Glock. Cut it off at one point. Then roughen the bottom of the handle up and use PC-7 ( http://www.amazon.com/Protective-Coating-1...e/dp/B000BOHJJ0 ) and Vaseline (as a release agent for the magazine) to add meat and reshape the lower part of the handle. If the Glock 29 magazine will fit the 20 apart from length, you can use PC-7 to add meat to Glock 29 magazines and meet halfway. Then you can trim the lower part of the handle and magazine to fit you exactly. PC-7 is a very dark gray. Sort of a pencil led/gun powder color. You'll find it at ace hardware and they usually have a little sample thing that shows PC-7 with a bolt bedded in it.

Check out this youtube 4 part video series. With some common sense, the same principals can be applied to synthetic handgun frames. Note that the mechanics of the stock were unchanged. Only the cosmetics were altered.

pcdv0001.jpg

Edited by brigadier