I was just wondering if anyone has pondered or tried to make the G36 into a 10mm....I wish Glock would do it but then again maybe someone else decided they couldn't wait for it. Because the mags only come in .45 I wonder if that conversion is even possible.

I searched and found nothing, and just wish Glock would fulfill my lust list.

The Glock 36 has been their "problem child" ever since it came out. If the G36 I had had been my first Glock, most likely I would never have bought another. Very doubtful that Glock would consider making a more powerful gun from this platform.

This topic came up on GT a while ago and I did a little research. I have both a G36 and a G29. The G29 slide assembly will go on the G36 frame. The slide is wider but the difference seems to be external only. I did not dig out the calipers, etc. and check all the internal dims.

From a functional standpoint the G29 slide racks and dry fires on a G36 frame. The slide protrudes width wise quite a bit. The 10mm rounds will go in a G36 mag. and stay. I don't know how secure they would be under fire.

With the reduced mass of the G36 frame I don't think I would shoot this setup. I would think it would be physically possible to mill the G29 slide on the sides to the G36 exterior dims and have it function in a dry cycle mode. I don't think with the reduction of slide mass it would be a wise idea to shoot it without some stress analysis being performed.

Proceed with caution. It is a fairly steep pressure increase going from .45 to 10mm.