WitchingHour

Relocating to Colorado

So, come November, I've decided I'm leaving North Carolina, and, on a whim, moving to Colorado Springs. So any local information would be greatly appreciated. Once I get there, I'll need to find employment, so any resources geared towards that will be needed, as well as concealed handgun law in Colorado. I have a North Carolina CCW, but my understanding is that you must be a resident of the issuing state for Colorado to honour an out-of-state permit, so I'm going to have to go about getting a Colorado CCW once I actually establish Colorado residence.

Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated, naturally.

CCW is fairly straight up here. CO is a shall issue state so you shouldn't have any problems with that. We are also open carry everywhere except Denver and Arvada.

CO Springs is nice. One of the coolest ranges is down there. Class III range that lets you blow up cars and such once a year. No matter where you live down there, you will only be 15 minutes from a base entrance. there are 3 bases down there. You will also only be 10 minutes from the mountains if your not already in them.

The food in the Springs is about as good as it gets in CO. In my opinion thats not saying much. The only complaint I have about CO is the food. While the Mexican food is very good the rest ain't great. I'm used to S. FL where the Italian is second only to NY. Plus S. FL has authentic food from all over the world.

As far as work, you didn't say what you do so I can't help much there other than to say I have a friend in the insurance business that is moving from FL that has already secured a job with no problem.

Thanks for the reply. I did forget that, didn't I? I'm a truck driver, with a Class A CDL. But, I'm not stuck on it.. if the opportunity to get into something else which is worthwhile presents itself, I'll give it a go. That's especially true if the only job openings turn out to be for OTR driving.

I do see ads on the back of local trucks all the time. That big food home delivery service (I cant think of the name, it start with an S) is hiring right now. Believe it or not we have a milk home delivery service that is also hiring. Thats right, you could be a Milk Man.

Check out http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ and search for Colorado springs.....I got 299 different jobs...but some are military..

CCW is fairly straight up here. CO is a shall issue state so you shouldn't have any problems with that. We are also open carry everywhere except Denver and Arvada.

CO Springs is nice. One of the coolest ranges is down there. Class III range that lets you blow up cars and such once a year. No matter where you live down there, you will only be 15 minutes from a base entrance. there are 3 bases down there. You will also only be 10 minutes from the mountains if your not already in them.

The food in the Springs is about as good as it gets in CO. In my opinion thats not saying much. The only complaint I have about CO is the food. While the Mexican food is very good the rest ain't great. I'm used to S. FL where the Italian is second only to NY. Plus S. FL has authentic food from all over the world.

As far as work, you didn't say what you do so I can't help much there other than to say I have a friend in the insurance business that is moving from FL that has already secured a job with no problem.

what part of sfla?

im originally from fort lauderdale, then orlando, now here...

Thanks for the replies. I've found a staffing agency for truck drivers. They said to give them a call about a week or so before I make my way over there, and they can pre-approve me. I'm also having someone obtain classified ads from the local paper. So, wish me luck. I'll be leaving in November, unless something drastic occurs which forces me to cancel my plans.

Good luck on your move.

So, come November, I've decided I'm leaving North Carolina, and, on a whim, moving to Colorado Springs. So any local information would be greatly appreciated. Once I get there, I'll need to find employment, so any resources geared towards that will be needed, as well as concealed handgun law in Colorado. I have a North Carolina CCW, but my understanding is that you must be a resident of the issuing state for Colorado to honour an out-of-state permit, so I'm going to have to go about getting a Colorado CCW once I actually establish Colorado residence.

Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated, naturally.

DONT DO IT Colorado. SUKS,,,, Been there done that ! go to UT ID or even WY

DONT DO IT Colorado. SUKS,,,, Been there done that ! go to UT ID or even WY

This was a 5 year old post, I'm sure he has already moved on.

Zombie Post.... :ack:

• Like 1

Good luck, be sure to climb a mountain or two for those of us stuck in flatville.

Thanks for the replies. I've found a staffing agency for truck drivers. They said to give them a call about a week or so before I make my way over there, and they can pre-approve me. I'm also having someone obtain classified ads from the local paper. So, wish me luck. I'll be leaving in November, unless something drastic occurs which forces me to cancel my plans.

You might want to get on line and check the State .gov site; should be called something like the Colorado Department of Employment Services....

Part of my job is to help folks find work. Some of the newer and larger employers in my state have an agreement to post their jobs on the government sitebefore they release them to private employment services.

Yes, I know it does not seem very fair, but sometimes the .gov site will have the freshest job listings on them. I think it has something to do with employers who are in "enterprise zones" or are receiving tax breaks from the State.

Good Luck !

I wonder if he found that job when he moved FIVE years ago.