Sign in to follow this  
captainbarred

shipping question

Hey Dan,

I have been toying with the Idea of getting my West German P226 re-finished and maybe - getting a price on having the rails microslicked as an experiment.

In any case, the question is this. If I decide to have the work done, do I ship direct to you? do you ship direct back(as its already my gun) or does it have to go to an FFL?

Heck, I think shipping to/from the FFL may be cheaper in any case as they can ship ground instead of air overnight....

either way, what's the proceedure?

And in regards to the microsliking thought... possible? I was thinking of doing two tone, frame gunmetal grey and slide matte black - can microslicking be done on a non black finish?

Thanks in advance.

-Tim

I had to ship a gun to Colt overnight Fedex. It was like $70, if I recall.

Edited by Gmountain

I had to ship a gun to Colt overnight Fedex. It was like $70, if I recall.

yeah fedex and UPS are both b***** about guns. I am thinking even having to pay transfer fees(coming and going) it'd be cheaper than shipping myself anyways...

My FFL shipped my Kimber to them for me, under the heading "for repairs," for $41! :thumb:

micro slick is a light-med gray color and i would only recommend it on the inside of your weapon.

as for shipping:

shipping to me is the same as shipping to any MFG, you can ship direct, and i can return ship to you, common carriers for handguns unless you are law enforcement, and overnight shipping is not always necessary....... be sure to check your local laws.

gotcha and thanks for the info my friend :thumb: