4tenman

rare smith and wesson 610-2 3 inch barrel

Typical bidding war... The one bidder has been in there from the beginning and another late bidder has boosted the price up there. The first bidder must really want it to get it to that level. For a short barrel revolver in 10mm, I personally would prefer a 646 rechambered to 10mm...

flyandscuba, maybe the Lew Horton mystique has something to do with it. Still, the bid seems jacked-up!

I never knew they made a short-barrelled model! :ohmy: I have Smith catlogues from the early '90's, and all they show are the 6" bbl'd model. When was the short bbl made?

A 610 3" would be a very cool woods packing gun, though a 4" would be nearly as nice.

Probably a special run for a distributor, Smith made a bunch of guns that never appeared in the standard catalog. My 3 inch ported 629 Trail Boss being just one of many. It was a special run for RSR of a few hundred guns.

Probably a special run for a distributor, Smith made a bunch of guns that never appeared in the standard catalog. My 3 inch ported 629 Trail Boss being just one of many. It was a special run for RSR of a few hundred guns.

Over the years, S&W has done "special runs" for Lew Horton Distribution and others who have contracted for a complete run. Done to their specifications. They are usually a little better than stock factory models.

For example, Cherry's does this with vintage western-type knock-offs by Uberti's, and Armi di San Marco.

Only thing I can say is a fool and their money are soon parted. I think I have seen him with the same add and comments before, with what looks like same gun.

Oooh, I am a big fan of 3" wheel guns and a 610 would be excellent. However, not at that price :(

A 3" 610 is a bit short for my tastes. A 3 7/8" barrel (in a revolver) is about as short as I'd care to shoot.

Scott

The 3 inch 610-2 Lew Horton was a small run of only 300 guns made in 1999. RSR had 29's and 629's made in 3 inch. Great little carry gun.

The 3 inch 610-2 Lew Horton was a small run of only 300 guns made in 1999. RSR had 29's and 629's made in 3 inch. Great little carry gun.
My Talo Exclusive 629-8 3" and it's my car and CCW gun. The lock is gone and replaced by "The Plug" for relibality.

SANY0021.jpg

Wow that's expensive. I've got the 3 inch 625 in 45 long colt that's from the same time. I think they did 300 a piece in 610, 657, 625 and 629.

Quite spendy..but if ya gotta have it and have the cash, more power to ya! I, however, do not have the cash :biggrin: