Sign in to follow this  
PhilT1

EOTECH AND EOTECH MAGNIFER

Hello all , Lafayette la. native here . i just bought a AR 2nd hand but THE rifle is NEW . i, i really dont know much about the AR , but im learning , the rifle came with a eotech , i just found out this can be magnified , my question is how far is the range on this set up ? im looking to shoot around 200 yards with this weapon, the price tag on that magnifier is pretty hefty. if im gonna spend around 565.00 dollars and only get 150 yards out of it ? i would rather spend that on a good scope will work for hitting marks at 2-300 yards , any info will hlp greatly

thx all

Edited by PhilT1

Hello all , Lafayette la. native here . i just bought a AR 2nd hand but THE rifle is NEW . i, i really dont know much about the AR , but im learning , the rifle came with a eotech , i just found out this can be magnified , my question is how far is the range on this set up ? im looking to shoot around 200 yards with this weapon, the price tag on that magnifier is pretty hefty. if im gonna spend around 565.00 dollars and only get 150 yards out of it ? i would rather spend that on a good scope will work for hitting marks at 2-300 yards , any info will hlp greatly

thx all

If you are talking about the G23 Magnifier it is a 3x Zoom. I plan to get the 557/G23 Combo Myself after next weeks payday. Right now Im using a Nikon 3-9x-40mm. I like the idea of havin the Flip to Side mount on the G23 magnifier tho so you can always easily switch from distance to close range shooting. Eotech also is running a $50 rebate right now on most holos and the magnifiers.

It boils down to what are you trying to hit @ 200 yards? A man? you can do that with no mag. A paper plate? Mag might be helpfull. A dime? Save the money and get a good scope.

Welcome. Im just north of you in Opelousas.

IMO, those EOTech magnifiers, while nice, are too expensive. If you want something to just mess around with at the range, look into MAKO and VORTEX magnifiers. If this is going on a duty or SD rifle, then Id either get a good scope, or just stick with the regular EOTech.