Hog Jaws

Where to Shoot, West Valley

So it's a pain driving up to Table Mesa every few weekends from Surprise just to see if my project works. Is there anywhere closer?? I remember about 10yrs ago there was a spot in the Carefree Hwy and Lake Pleasant Rd area, but hell that might be all houses and Starbucks by now lol.

Combine that with the discussion I had with a Game and Fish agent (agent??) at Table Mesa today. He said they'd be closing the place down, cleaning it up and partially re-opening it. In my mind, "re-opening" means I'm going to need some kind of National Park sticker with a yearly membership fee blah blah blah.

Sorry for the ramble. Anyone in the West Valley know a place that I can get to in my Honda Accord??

The Ben Avery Shooting range is the outdoor place on Happy Valley road, just west of the free way. Shot there many times when I lived in Phx. Now I'm in Gilbert, and facing the same issues as you. Use to head towards 4 peaks and losing a lot of good spots to quads and weekend warriors running thru there.

Scottsdale gun club is cheap to shoot at the range. Not sure where else besides Shooters world in downtown phoenix either.

I've been to Ben Avery but it was a long time ago. Doesn't it cost money to get a spot on the range?

In door range on the west side I use Shooters world www.azshootersworld.com

for out door there a range off the SR85 I think it is called. If you know anything about dirt bike tracks. it's like you are going to ACP

for no range. I use Watson road. which is off the I-10 North. You need to drive into the area at least .5 mile from the house off the dirt road. and a 1mile from the I-10

I am still looking for better places to go out in the desert Watson can get a little crazy at times and I do not like it

FlatIron Mountain, far west , north of I 10.

• Like 1

Ben Avery if you like the outdoors. at the moment weather is awesome so that's where I've been going.

Shootersworld has 2 locations, i still haven't been to the one in Peoria but I'm sure its no different.

Brent701 is right as far as no range. I've only been out west once but it was too far for my taste. my truck isn't gas friendly so i'll spend 2-3xs much just in gas. Thank you shooting ranges.

Edited by r1vette

Off of 355th and Indian school is a good place. It's flat iron mountain that satcong said.

There's a beautiful range south west of Buckeye, right off Rt 85, 5 miles south of I-10 headed south on the right hand side. I'll get the name tomorrow. It's a well maintained, well marked, with range officers always on duty. I think they are only open Friday, Saturday & Sunday. I'll take a ride down there tomorrow and get you some more information and a phone number. I'm a retired lawman from Delaware and was quite impressed with their operation.

Hi have you been to Miller Road? go west on I10 about may 20 miles take Miller road exit then make a quick left at the stop sign. Go about 3 miles and will see a lot of people parked .

Hi have you been to Miller Road? go west on I10 about may 20 miles take Miller road exit then make a quick left at the stop sign. Go about 3 miles and will see a lot of people parked .

Do you know, that is in the city limits of Buckeye?

I had no idea..being that its far west and have been going there for years with no problems

go off miller north of the freeway down a ways and ive never had a problem. that being said i live where jackrabbit dead ends north of camelback and have never had a problem finding a spot to shoot in the desert after a 5 minute quad ride ;p