Sign in to follow this  
wile326

Convert thompson mags to 10mm????

I am going to be starting a new 10mm project, a carbine this time, has anyone tried converting thompson .45 mags to 10mm? I know it can be done with Grease gun mags but have never seen it with Thompson mags. Would like to get more information before I buy a few mags to experiment on.

thanks

I am going to be starting a new 10mm project, a carbine this time, has anyone tried converting thompson .45 mags to 10mm? I know it can be done with Grease gun mags but have never seen it with Thompson mags. Would like to get more information before I buy a few mags to experiment on.

thanks

I have a few laying around. The 20 rounders hold 24 10mm rounds. The mags are really to wide for the 10mm rounds. I don't see them working out to well. I'll compare them to a Grease gun mag, I think the Grease gun mags are narrower.

It has been done with the Thompson. There were a few Thompson SMGs manufactured in 1991 when the FBI first adopted the 10mm Auto Pistol Cartridge. I can quite imagine that a full-auto 10mm Thompson SMG would be quite a handful.

Scott

Edited by gunfan