jjmitchell60

Kimber 40 cal conversion to 10mm?

I have a Kimber Stainless Target 40 cal and have a 1911 10mm barrel that I have had laying around for several years. I was wondering if it is feasable to fit the 10mm barrel to the Kimber 40 cal? That way I could switch back and forth from 40 cal to 10mm. I have an eclipse in 10mm BUT have 2 sons and BOTH want a Kimber 10mm. This way I do not have to buy another complete firearm when I get ready to hand them down to the boys. I appreciate any advice as to if it can be done and what I need to do it.

Edited by jjmitchell60

yep...Just have the 10mm barrel fit and you will be ready to go. For stout loads a stiffer recoil spring may be advisable.

I have a Kimber Stainless Target 40 cal and have a 1911 10mm barrel that I have had laying around for several years. I was wondering if it is feasable to fit the 10mm barrel to the Kimber 40 cal? That way I could switch back and forth from 40 cal to 10mm. I have an eclipse in 10mm BUT have 2 sons and BOTH want a Kimber 10mm. This way I do not have to buy another complete firearm when I get ready to hand them down to the boys. I appreciate any advice as to if it can be done and what I need to do it.

Funny you mention that, I have a Kimber .40 in the Kimber custom shop being fitted with a 10mm barrel even as I write this.

They will fit a 10mm barrel, supply a 10mm magazine and recoil spring and function check it for you for $350.

BTW - I just joined this forum. I am new to 10mm, but have numerous 1911's chambered in .45ACP that I shoot all the time.

UrsaMajor

Funny you mention that, I have a Kimber .40 in the Kimber custom shop being fitted with a 10mm barrel even as I write this.

They will fit a 10mm barrel, supply a 10mm magazine and recoil spring and function check it for you for $350.

BTW - I just joined this forum. I am new to 10mm, but have numerous 1911's chambered in .45ACP that I shoot all the time.

UrsaMajor

I just got the gun back yesterday, and they did a really nice job.

It shoots really well, even to the same point of aim as the .40S&W barrel.

UM