NickW

Dan Wesson 10MM?

" If I were to buy another "working" 10mm, it would be a S&W 1006.

Scott

I just got back from the range, put 150 rds through my G29, alternating Winchester Silver tips, G. Arms JHP and FMJ in the same mags trying to get it to fail, it ran perfect, which is what I expect from all my weapons. If its not a "working" firearm then its a paper weight. :D As much as you pay for D.W. and Kimber you should expect perfection after all they are not a $400 EAA Witness.

The first offering to look-at-hard would be the Eclipse Custom II, and next would be the Stainless Target II both in 10mm.

Why the Eclips over the Target II? Thanks

I have the Dan Wesson Razorback , The Colt Delta Elite , the S&W 610 , and a recently acquired Smith and Wesson 1006. They are all fun to shoot but the 1006 gets the nod for fun to shoot, the razorback for 200 yard shots and the 610 for killing tin cans. Great guns all. high plains drifter

NickW: I HAVE a Glock Model 20, one of the "original" (#84 of the first 150) DW Razorbacks, a 1991 IAI Javalina (the one with the 7-inch slide and barrel), an EAA Witness with their proprietary "Wonderfinish" and a 6 1/2-inch barreled Model 610. That is five handguns chambered for our beloved 10mm!

The reason I would want a S&W 1006 is beacuse it is, as is the Glock, DW, Witness and the Model 610 are "working" handguns, not "safe queens." The Javalina is, like the long-barreled S&W 610, is primarily a hunting implement. (But it's also a great recreational shooter!) The Model 610 revolver is fun with .40 S&W loads, and can take ANY 10mm load you care to stuff into its chambers.

Variety is the spice of life.

Scott

Hey, we all agree that the 1006 is the tank of the bunch! :thumb:

So far for DW it is confirmed that there is a special run of 10mm Razorbacks coming in 2011. It will have some of the Sportsman's features. Oh, and the Titan built on the Caspian doublestack frame geared towards competition shooting.

Edited by remat457

For me it would be the front strap checkering.

Possibly of interest, Kimber said (at least a few months ago) that they would be running 10mm's in Dec. So hopefully sometime this month. It has been a while since I have seen any on the shelf.

Edited by remat457

I just got back from the range, put 150 rds through my G29, alternating Winchester Silver tips, G. Arms JHP and FMJ in the same mags trying to get it to fail, it ran perfect, which is what I expect from all my weapons. If its not a "working" firearm then its a paper weight. :D As much as you pay for D.W. and Kimber you should expect perfection after all they are not a $400 EAA Witness.

The Eclipse II is a more carry-oriented piece. It comes with standard low-profile meprolight night sights. The Target II is more of a range gun, and comes with Kimber adjustable sights.

I have a quite extensive 10mm collection and what I don't/haven't owned, I've shot (factory guns). I'll put an early Dan Wesson Razorback up against any non-customs. The only other factory 10mm's that shoot with them are the Omega Match (with single extractors). My Kimber's wouldn't, my Gold Cup - not even close, the list goes on...

As for the S&W 10xx being the undisputed tank of the 10mm's, I'd have to argue that only slightly. I think the Star Megastar is stronger built, but I can't think of any other autos as tough as those two factory chambered for the 10mm auto.

To the original poster, buy a DW, you won't be sorry... Maybe someone in your area will take you to the range and let you try thiers. If you are in Oklahoma, look me up.

I have a quite extensive 10mm collection and what I don't/haven't owned, I've shot (factory guns). I'll put an early Dan Wesson Razorback up against any non-customs. The only other factory 10mm's that shoot with them are the Omega Match (with single extractors). My Kimber's wouldn't, my Gold Cup - not even close, the list goes on...

As for the S&W 10xx being the undisputed tank of the 10mm's, I'd have to argue that only slightly. I think the Star Megastar is stronger built, but I can't think of any other autos as tough as those two factory chambered for the 10mm auto.

To the original poster, buy a DW, you won't be sorry... Maybe someone in your area will take you to the range and let you try thiers. If you are in Oklahoma, look me up.

Thanks for the invite but, I'm on the east coast. I'm sold on the 10mm round the ballistics are self evident, making it the best cartridge for an auto pistol IMO. My G29 SF is a tack driver with its 3.78 inch barrel I just wonder what it would be like from a 5 inch barreled Dan Wesson, the firearm just screams "QUALITY." I was laid-off two two months ago and have just now started back to work; thus, my discretionary income is limited until I can build my “gun fund” back up. I see a few DW’s on Gun Broker and the prices are high. BTW, what would be a fair price on a >95% DW 10mm? Thanks in advance.

Edited by NickW

A Dan Wesson used in 95% condition should fetch between $750 - $880. This is a rough guesstimate YMMV though.

NickW: If you want to save your "nickels and dimes" perhaps you'd like to look into a STI-based pistol from Bar-Sto in Sturgis, SD. It will hold 19+1 rounds of our beloved 10mm Auto and have a 6" match slide/barrel arrangement. While it will cost you $2600.00 + shipping, it will be a supremely accurate 10mm hunting piece.

For about $1700.00 +shipping you can pick up one of Bob Serva's Fusion Firearms 10mm pistols. There is very little you can't accomplish with it.

Good luck!

Scott

Well I’m talking with a gentleman via e-mail, he has a NIB Pointman in desert tan that he’s trying to sell me for $1,395, I think that’ s a bit much, but I’m not familiar with the PM7. He had a Bobtail that I really wanted but sold it before I could act on it, you snooze you lose. So what are the values and pros/cons on a PM7 NIB?

NickW, $1400 USD for a NIB 'Pointman' is atrocious! I'd tell him, "See ya later!". A new 'Pointman' in "Desert Guise" should be no more than $1100 USD at the very top-end.

The 'Pointman' differs from the other Dan Wesson 10mms in some significant ways. It has adjustable Bo-Mar type rear sights, and front-cocking serrations on the slide. Many on this forum, eschew the front 'cocking-serrations' as intolerable. I myself, am indifferent towards them as they are on one of my Kimbers. As I mentioned before, some 1911 afficianodoes like the 'purer' look of the RZ-10 with the 'low-pro' sights. The Pointman, also has a 'webbed-trigger' configuration which seems to be, the 'standard' 1911 add-on. Many of the parts, featured on the Pointman, are made by Ed Brown, which is another plus.

The DW 715 revolver in .357 Magnum is once again available in a stainless steel version. Anyone familiar with these 'wheelies' knows their top-o'-the-line in quality. Please read about it here: http://cz-usa.com/products/view/dw715/ I hope this answers some of your concerns. Smooth-sailing! :thumb:

Edited by Zephyr One/Zero

Yes, $1,400 is too much, you are spot on Zephyr, I did some searching and the going rate seems to be around $1100 for a PM7. I’m not a purest with regards to handguns; however, I don’t like the front serration because I’m basically a boring utilitarian, they don’t seem to serve a purpose, in my eyes form that follows function is beautiful. It’s interesting that you mentioned the DW 715, my favorite revolver is my GP100 SS 6 inch, and it’s one of my pistols that I could never part with. IMO the .357 mag is the best all-around revolver cartridge going with the .41 mag running a close second; yes, the 715 really appeals to me, .357, full lug, SS and a DW; I wonder what the price will be?

Gunfan, I checked out Fusion Firearms and they are indeed some seriously nice pistols, I especially like the Bobbed Commander T-Comm in all Stainless. I don’t have large hands so a straight grip is not a bother but, something about those Bobbed pistols that just appeals to me. I’m in the process of selling a few of my long guns that I’ve had in my collection for decades, they just sit there so I’m getting rid of what I don’t use, perhaps I can garner enough cash for a T-Comm.

Cheers,

I have a DW CBOB 10mm and its built very well...for some reason it came with a blued barrel bushing that I replaced with an ss angle-bored bushing...put in a FLGR and solid trigger...also changed the grips...it will shoot some tight groups if I do my part...BUT...I have a Para Ordnance P-16 Limited that I converted to 10mm and I really like the fullsize 16 + 1 rds. that it carries and it fits my hands just right. Best money I ever spent was turning that P-16 Limited 40 S&W into a P-16 10mm "UNLIMITED" :rolleyes:

bushmaster015.jpg