redbarron06

Shooting courses/schools in the Savannah area.

My oldest daughter will turn 21 shortly after I leave for AFG next Jan. Well she wants a pistol for her 21st and she wants to get her GA CCW. I am all for this and my current plans are to buy the pistol and cover the price of her CCW as a birthday gift. That being said, as a parent I don't want to just give it to her without providing the skills for her to carry safely.

I am looking for a course/instructor in the Savannah area for both of us to attend. I want something more than a 50 round qualification style. Something that will not only cover legalities but place some emphasis on shooting and reloading (she likes revolvers) under stress. I would like to get one that shoots at least 500 rounds over a two day period. Though I don't legally need the course and as a Tennessee resident it would do me no legal benefit I am always looking to better my skills and 2 days on the range will defiantly do that. Because of the grand baby the course will have to be in the Savannah area. Family can watch the baby during the day but I want some grandson time in the evenings after washing all of that evil lead and cleaning solvent off.

Any suggestions?

ETA: I have about 10 months to get ready and save up for ammo, her pistol, holster speed loaders and such. But any ideas or sources for women's gear would be great.

Edited by redbarron06

Patricks Uniform on Hwy 80 runs classes regularly. They range from basic/novice to slightly advanced.

Check out Dean Forrest Guns and Ammo. Great deals on firearms, ammunition and accessories and very open minded guys. Military and Law Enforcement backgrounds.

Hope this helps you out.

Patricks Uniform on Hwy 80 runs classes regularly. They range from basic/novice to slightly advanced.

Check out Dean Forrest Guns and Ammo. Great deals on firearms, ammunition and accessories and very open minded guys. Military and Law Enforcement backgrounds.

Hope this helps you out.

Do you have any POC for these guys?

Patricks 912-355-0205

Dean Forrest Gun & Ammo 912-965-0306

Jim is the owner

Patricks 912-355-0205

Dean Forrest Gun & Ammo 912-965-0306

Jim is the owner

Thanks I give them a call. Do they have a web address?

I am a member of modern day gunslingers in savannah ga. We just set up out range and class room. Our first class is going to be the first weekend of December. Right now were tailoring our classes to the needs of students until we get a more regular stream of students.

I am a member of modern day gunslingers in savannah ga. We just set up out range and class room. Our first class is going to be the first weekend of December. Right now were tailoring our classes to the needs of students until we get a more regular stream of students.