Sign in to follow this  
WakaWaka

What are Texas gun laws

Well I got my official job offer. I'll be relocating to McAllen, TX for the next 2-3 years for this contract job for the Border Patrol :) My leave date I'm shooting for is roughly the 20th of Feb.

Without getting into too much detail, I'll be required to drive to their sites not only on the border, but also in the middle of nowhere. At times I'll have them around but other times I'll be solo or with my co-worker.

I have an XDSC .40 as my primary carry firearm. And I should be getting my AR15 by the end of the month..

If I remember correctly, Texas doesn't require a permit to carry to/from your vehicle, and no conceal permit for inside the vehicle? Also I'm sure there are no restrictions in regards to firearms at your home/office..

I'll still be a legal resident of CO and my vehicles (registration), and other important documents still going to my CO address. So don't know if I'll still be able to apply for a conceal carry permit with a CO drivers license in Texas. Maybe I'm wrong?

I don't know the laws in Texas, but if you are going to be there for 2 or 3 years, doesn't it make sense to get you mail there, and get a Texas DL? Wouldn't that solve a lot of issues?

I don't know the laws in Texas, but if you are going to be there for 2 or 3 years, doesn't it make sense to get you mail there, and get a Texas DL? Wouldn't that solve a lot of issues?

Depending on the issues. If I must get a texas license and register my trucks there then I'll do it. However given my current situation, I'd prefer to keep things in place.

I have to go in this week and get an emmisions test done on my truck for new tags as well so thankfully that'll be taken care of prior to move.

Vehical is part of dwelling can carry in vehical concealed. Castle Law. As long as the 30.06 isn't posted at the office and boss says its cool . I recomend getting a CHL while here though. DPS backs CHL holders. Also if you have one from another state check if its honored in Texas

Depending on the issues. If I must get a texas license and register my trucks there then I'll do it. However given my current situation, I'd prefer to keep things in place.

I have to go in this week and get an emmisions test done on my truck for new tags as well so thankfully that'll be taken care of prior to move.

Emissions test? Hmmm

Pretty sure that part of Texas...no emissions test required..

Yes you do have to register your vehicles if you are residing her for longer than 90 days in duration unless a college student or active duty military or reserves while activated.

Edited by Etho

Vehical is part of dwelling can carry in vehical concealed. Castle Law. As long as the 30.06 isn't posted at the office and boss says its cool . I recomend getting a CHL while here though. DPS backs CHL holders. Also if you have one from another state check if its honored in Texas

True unless you are engaged in criminal activity other than a traffic violation. Then it goes out the window.