callsignsleepy

finally taking the leap to AR

so i have always been a handgun and shotgun guy, but after coming back from afghanistan and shooting various M4 setups that the local SF and OGA guys let me shoot, i'm now wanting one. now since this is going to be my first build, i know for sure i do not want to put together the upper, so i'm probably gonna get one already put together.

but all i'm looking for is something to take to the range, and then to the ranch and shoot some tanerite :thumb: .

guess my question is that i have heard alot of bad things about panther arms (DPMS). any comments?

so i have always been a handgun and shotgun guy, but after coming back from afghanistan and shooting various M4 setups that the local SF and OGA guys let me shoot, i'm now wanting one. now since this is going to be my first build, i know for sure i do not want to put together the upper, so i'm probably gonna get one already put together.

but all i'm looking for is something to take to the range, and then to the ranch and shoot some tanerite :thumb: .

guess my question is that i have heard alot of bad things about panther arms (DPMS). any comments?

Welcome aboard!!

DPMS has good stuff from what I hear

:welcome: to the Armory

If you read bad about DPMS, then that is the coolaid drinkers of another brand.

I have shot DPMS shortly after they were in business and they are a fine AR, still own 2 or 3 you will not go wrong with them.

Now I would order a DPMS like what you are a custom to shooting.

Here is the upgrades I would get on a new DPMS I would order.

A4 Upper with T-markings

1:7 Twist Chrome Line Barrel

M16 Bolt Carrier Group

Welcome aboard ...dpms here and it has been excellent...

Welcome. :anim_wave:

I have had a couple of DPMS and had no problems with them.

yeah DPMS is good.

just get the standard ''rifle'' 20 inch barrel.. and a good trigger , you'll shoot it the rest of your life.

peabody

thats good to hear about DPMS....and i will try not to drink the coolaid!! hope to have a long lasting relationship with my new AR (when the time comes)

:welcome: to the board.

Lot's of good info and people here.

Do a little research and get exactly what YOU want.

yeah DPMS is good.

just get the standard ''rifle'' 20 inch barrel.. and a good trigger , you'll shoot it the rest of your life.

peabody

why do you say "standard "rifle" 20 inch barrel"?

I purchased a DPMS factory build and it is a really fine rifle. Solid and super accurate. Nothing but good stuff to say about them from my experience.